Re: [TowerTalk] Ultrabeam OF ITALY

To: "'jimlux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, <ve4xt@mts.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ultrabeam OF ITALY
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:14:13 -0400
> But.. say a year ago, when the Euro/Dollar rate was roughly 1:1, the
> shipping and import duty (5-8%, I think) would make the SteppIR more
> expensive than the Ultrabeam.

Euro/Dollar have not been at parity for more than four years -
closest they have come is $1.16/EUR in November 2005.

Be careful though that you are comparing apples and apples ... the
Ultrabeam price probably includes 15 - 20% VAT (sales tax charged
within the EU).  Export prices should be about 15% lower.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV