Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Towers

To: towertalk@contesting.com, lladerman@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjian Towers
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 11:34:33 EDT

In a message dated 8/2/2008 5:39:07 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,

>  In addition to Tashjian,  would also be curious to hear  about US Tower
experiences.

>  I have been trying for over  5 weeks to get some wind loading calcs done by
the engineer UST uses (not  an employee, unfortunately) to make a purchase
decision. I've reached him  by phone once and although promises to get it
done the next day were made,  I never heard anything further and my follow-up
emails have been ignored. I  asked UST for some help and they acknowledge
that getting information from  him is a problem (which amazes me). I'm
concerned that even once I finally  get an answer I won't be able to get
stamped plans needed to get a building  permit for a long time.

    Interesting. I deal with Adrian on an occasional  basis and have always
gotten what I needed from him, even once when I needed  something on an
emergency basis.

    Personally I wouldn't bother with emails, just  the phone works best.

    What exactly were you asking him for? Stamped PE  drawings? Those'll cost
you. Were you asking for free calcs? I think those are  available from the
factory but they only have the 70 MPH stuff as far as I  know. I don't know
what
the current availability is or what their  current policy is so I'd say to
make some more phone calls.

    Tower manufacturers are insurance-driven  enterprises and they are
reluctant to give out any information that will  increase their risk exposure.
It's
not surprising you can't get all the info  you want.

    US Towers has very good customer service overall  and I recommend their
products to many people. I have also dealt with Karl  Tashjian and his service
varies from reasonably good to very poor IMO.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH
US Towers factory authorized installer