Re: [TowerTalk] Using a drill to install (Lay over - Raise) US Tower HDX

To: "Tom Anderson" <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>, "Al Williams" <alwilliams@olywa.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using a drill to install (Lay over - Raise) US Tower HDX?
From: "Brad Pioveson W9FX" <w9fx@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 13:49:12 -0500
Gents, FWIW, I have a TriEx W-51 (laying in the yard, still) with the
factory installed winch still mounted to it.  It's a worm gear driven hand
winch made by a company called  'Valley.'  Google tells me that, likely, the
manufacturer was a firm now known as Valley Industries.

I am ever so hopeful that the W-51, once it's in the air, with this Valley
winch is easier to get up and down than my US Tower TX-455 with it's twin
K-1550's.  Yikes!  The TX-455 is scheduled for a winch transplant (I bought
a used Thern worm gear drive, heavy duty winch with a drill drive adaptor)
soon.

73