Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?

To: 'Bob Maser' <bmaser@tampabay.rr.com>, k1ttt@arrl.net, 'TowerTalk' <towertalk@contesting.com>, wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] House entrance ground for RF ground?
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 09:52:27 -0700 (PDT)
Dick:

I'm sure some hams face the same problem I do.  My tower and grounds are on one
side of the house and the electric co. grounds are on the other.  To get to
them, I'd have to drill a hole underneath my driveway and a good portion of the
house, probaly 60-70 feet at least to reach them.  There was no way with this
house layout that the tower could have been put anywhere near the electric
service co. grounds, my tower would have been in the middle of my driveway hi
hi.   I just ended up grounding each legs of the crank up tower, bonding all
three together with #2 solid and tying them to the station grounds about 10
feet away.  Still had to drill there about 10 ft. under a patio to connect the
tower and station grounds.

Tom, WW5L