Re: [TowerTalk] Tower damaged by Hurricane Ike - where can I get help?

To: K7LXC@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower damaged by Hurricane Ike - where can I get help?
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2008 07:23:06 -0400
I agree with Steve...  you MIGHT  have coverage.

Did your official claims adjuster make an official reading of the
policy.....?

If not,  I say you file an official, complete, WRITTEN CLAIM FORM
and demand the insurer make an official denial of the claim.   That
is the only way to make the carrier fully responsible - you miss the
boat if you merely rely on what your agent or a claims adjuster says
and you have not filed an official claim for the loss.  Make the carrier
make a written denial of  coverage and EXPLAIN why it will not cover it.
Often the guy you speak to is mistaken, even if he made his statement
of coverage in good faith and thought he was right.   No excuse for not
filing a written claim form.

This is not official legal advice - although I am a retired attorney who
no longer practices....

You be the judge and act accordingly.