[TowerTalk] Th6dxx swr

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Th6dxx swr
From: "Bob Ortasic" <rortasic@neo.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:20:22 -0400
>From KN8M..

Just finished putting together a th6dxx. I have it on a mast approx 6foot off
the ground for testing..

I cut all three bands for the low end (CW). I don't spend a lot of time on SSB
and figured the rig tuner will take care of SSB contacts..

Using an MFJ SWR Analyzer I find that the resonant freq on all 3 bands are
below the bottom edge of the band. I haven't graphed it yet.. But on 20 mtrs am
2:1 at about 14030?? Anyone have any thoughts..

I am running the Analyzer through approx 50 foot of coax into the antenna.

I am using a W2AU Balun. Is there a certain pig tail length from Balun to feed
point?? Also, is there a certain pigtail length from beta matching to feed
point??

Help appreciated,

Bob KN8M