[TowerTalk] "Sluggo" Ground Rod driver

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Sluggo" Ground Rod driver
From: Tom Anderson <andersonww5l@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:32:21 -0700 (PDT)
Fellow Tower Talkians:

In the October issue of "Electric Contracting Products"  page 26 is a product
announcement of a new ground rod driving tool "The Sluggo-Ox" from Sluggo Ox
Corp.  As a note I have NO financial conntections to the company that
manufactures it, or any other connection to the company, other than I subscribe
to "Electric Contacting Products" magazine.

It slips over both 5/8 and 3/4 inch ground rods, weighs 7 pounds, and has a 3
inch circular striking surface.  It claims to prevent the "mushrooming effect"
of using a sledge hammer on the top of the ground rod.

Their web site is www.sluggo-ox.com

Again I have no financial interest in the company that makes this device and
I've mushroomed many a top of a ground rod installing them until I bought a
fence post driver at a farm supply store, but there is always about 2-3 feet I
still can't drive into the ground with the fence post driver.

Another interesting ham-related product in the October issue page 24 if you
subscribe, again I have no financial interest in this company either, are cable
ties with a snap off leader where you don't have to have a pair of snips or
cutters, or a knife to remove the excess.  Its called a "Catamount Twist Tail"
billed as "the only tool less cable tie in the industry" (their words not
mine).  Supposedly just takes a bend, bend, twist motion to remove the tail.

Website is http://www.tnb.com and it comes in both white and UV resistant black
and 7 and 11 inch lengths. No prices were given in the product announcement.
Try the web site.

These products are purely passed on as a possible install problem solution for
many hams.  I just got my copy of the magazine today and thought I'd pass these
ideas on.

73 de Tom, WW5L