[TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM
From: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:37:09 -0500
Can somone help me out, i have a 450 ohm ladder line dipole i made. both sides
are exactaly 123 feet and the 450 ohm line is 47 feet to the atr-30 to the
balance terminals. the ladder line is away from any metal objects, its a foot
away from the gutter with a stand off. I can not tune this antenna what so
ever. it doesnt even move, its fixed at past 6:1 swr. What am i missing here. I
am so upset as i put a lot of effort into the errecting and construction, can
someone shed some light. I even tried a 4:1 balun with no sucess. any help
would be greatly apreciated, thanks guys.

tony k2vi