Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

To: "k2vi" <k2vi@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM
From: "Mark Robinson" <markrob@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:49:20 -0500
Hi Tony

I have something similar. Is that a 160m dipole. I have about 126 feet I
think on either side of the center insulator, fed with 450 wire open wire
feeder and then a choke balun and about 20 feet of coax to the shack. I can
tune it with my 3kw MFJ roller inductor tuner but the resonances are very
sharp. It took me a while to find the correct settings. It works great on
30m and 15m but I can tune it for any band. What tuner are you using?

Mark N1UK