Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

To: "'k2vi'" <k2vi@cox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 01:44:31 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of k2vi
Sent: Sonntag, 16. November 2008 00:37
To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] bIG ANTENNA PROBLEM

Can somone help me out, i have a 450 ohm ladder line dipole i made. both
sides are exactaly 123 feet and the 450 ohm line is 47 feet to the atr-30 to
the balance terminals. the ladder line is away from any metal objects, its a
foot away from the gutter with a stand off. I can not tune this antenna what
so ever. it doesnt even move, its fixed at past 6:1 swr. What am i missing
here. I am so upset as i put a lot of effort into the errecting and
construction, can someone shed some light. I even tried a 4:1 balun with no
sucess. any help would be greatly apreciated, thanks guys.

tony k2vi

To me it looks as you try to match a very high impedance where the tuning
range of the ATR-30 is limited.
You could try with shorted dipole length or extended feed line length.

Anyhow the tuner should be able to tune 160m, which bands did you try to
tune?

73
Peter