[Top] [All Lists]

[TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics Re: Was "43ft Vertical Fee

To: Richards <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] remote enclosures for electronics Re: Was "43ft Vertical Feeding Question and Balun Type"
From: jimlux <>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 17:38:37 -0800
List-post: <">>
Richards wrote:
> Hmnmmm...  I think it would pop of it got wet or if condensation
> or water dripped on it.   I discovered that as a kid... dropping water
> on a hot bulb to hear it sizzle... you know... a 5th grader stunt... and
> the bulb exploded.... it is a wonder I did not put my eye out.
> Or...
> Maybe I could fill the bucket with that silica gel desiccant stuff you
> get in the box with the rig to keep moisture down...  lots of it...
> ;-)
> Any other ideas?   This is getting interesting.
> ==================  Richards - K8JHR  =============
> Gary K9GS wrote:
>> I would look into putting a 100W light bulb inside the enclosure to help 
>> drive out moisture.
> ===============================================

Get a heater element designed for such things, rather than a lightbulb. 
  They're waterproof, readily available, cheap, and come with built in 
thermostatic controls. McMaster-Carr or Grainger or similar places have 

Places with cold weather also sell "under hood heaters" for cars.. same 
general idea.


TowerTalk mailing list

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>