Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Antenna - Ideas

To: "'Rob Atkinson'" <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Antenna - Ideas
From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 23:21:49 -0500
 I like that idea.  I was concerned that I would have issues with changing
the loop.  I really like the loop, especially for working local contacts.
It works very well for 80M and 40M on Sweepstakes.

The support I use for feeding the loop is approximately 560' tall - and I
have a nice tree about 75' tall (also supporting a corner of the loop.  That
should make for a nice inverted L.  The issue is radials.  I need to figure
out something, or talk nice to my neighbor to allow me to establish a radial
field.

There might be another suitable tree I could use....need to figure that one
out - it is the radial issue that is causing me problems....

Scott