Re: [TowerTalk] Some spectacular views of the abandoned RussianWoodpecke

To: "AD5VJ Bob" <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Some spectacular views of the abandoned RussianWoodpecker antenna array
From: "W3CP" <W3CP@CHARTER.NET>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 00:45:08 -0000
Bob,
That antenna is a phased array. The elements are Ayzenburg wide impedance
bandwidth dipoles.  From those pictures I can't count how many elements
high, it looks like seven or eight, and it probably has twice as many wide
to give it a square aperture (counting the image). I'll guess the big array
in most of the pictures would operate from 5 to 14 MHz,and it's little
companion seen in one distant picture went from 14 to 28MHz.  -Jim   w3cp