Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain AV-640

To: "Bill Jackson" <k9rz@radiks.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain AV-640
From: "Larry WA9VRH" <wa9vrh@dishmail.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 18:53:41 -0600
Hi Bill,

My suggestion is two fold. First have him put a TA-33 or simlilar on the
tower.

Then take the XYL over to see someone who has a dipole or inverted V up that
is made with small and or colored wire that is hard to see.  Believe me
eventually she will not even notice it.

When we moved to the country 15 years ago the XYL did not want to be without
cable or a substitute. WE still don't have cable but I installed a C band
dish when we moved here.  The best place for it was right out in front of
the kitchen window about 70 feet away. That was not a go so I moved it about
30 feet to the right which was much better.  Eventually neither of us
noticed it!!
It served us well until about 5 years ago when it we replaced it with a Dish
500 system.

The other choice is using the AV-640 on a ground mounted foldover mount that
hides the AV-640 when not in use. Along with the TA-33 or similar on the
tower.

If that doesn't work maybe a new X..... well never mind!

73 Larry WA9VRH