Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain AV-640

To: <atrampler@att.net>, "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain AV-640
From: "Barry Merrill" <barry@mxg.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 03:24:57 -0600
Art, K0RO said:

"In short, I outperform most people on 30 and 40 with wire antennas.  Whether
the pile-up is in the Pacific, Africa, grayline to northern EU or LP to the
middle-east...with 800 to 1000 watts I'm usually in on my first call (not
ALWAYS, but usually)."

Probably, the reason your beating the other USA stations on 30 meters is
that they are not using illegal power.   From ARRL page on power limits:

30 Meters

Maximum power, 200 watts PEP. Amateurs must avoid interference to the fixed
service outside the US.

General, Advanced, Amateur Extra classes:
10.100-10.150 MHz: CW, RTTY/Data

73

Barry, W5GN