Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles

To: "'Fred Mott'" <fredmott@zoominternet.net>, <k5pgw@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:05:28 -0700
Check out the latest QST.  There is an article about this subject.  The
author uses a piece of pipe which has a concrete at the bottom.  He pounded
in a ground rod and then slides the pipe with concrete on the bottom over
it.  Looks pretty slick.

My V's end are tied to trees and my Inverted L end goes over a tree.  The
V's have never failed.  The L has broken a number of times from rubbing
against the limbs.