Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:27:16 -0800

> John.
>
> I use in lieu of the "hanging weight and spring", a 4' heavy duty solid
> rubber tie-down or bungee, whatever they are called, on the ends of my
> 160m,
> 80m and 40m inverted V's.

Hi Monty

Have to agree with you on that one.

I have a 160 meter inverted L up in a tree, and where it hooks to the bottom
secure point, I have one of those black rubber bungy-like things holding it.

It is the type you can get at an auto part store.  I think they are used for
tie-downs, but they sure work good to take the worry about the wire
breaking.  I also use a smaller bungy at the end of the antenna where it is
secured to the side of the garage.

On the 80 meter dipole, I have some springs that came from those old muscle
building gizmos--with a handle on each end and springs in the middle.  73
Tom W7WHY