Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Springs for erecting loops nd dipoles
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:35:53 -0800
Hi Jack

I see someone already answered you on this one, but the end fed zepp is a
winner.  It works best if you have a open wire tuner, like the old Johnson
Matchbox type.  I worked a bunch of countries on 20 meters (>200) with 300
watts and an end fed zepp.

There is actually no magic length to make the antenna.  The more wire you
can get up, the better.

Although nowadays, with the window ladder line, it is pretty darn light and
wouldn't put much strain in the middle of the antenna.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY