Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Switch Needed

To: "jimlux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Switch Needed
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:22:56 -0000
I agree with your assessment.

My Son-n-law purchased an Ameritron RCS 4 for about $30 at a swap fest. It
was in pristine condition. We have since modified it to work with Logger32
for automatic antenna switching. It has operated flawlessly. They are very
good units.

I personally have Military surplus 4 position Coax relatable switch. The
drum is rotated by a solenoid. The assembly is machined and active position
is actually equivalent to a coax elbow. No open contacts. I have used it for
the past 30 years and I have only opened it twice for cleaning and lub. I
switch it automatically via Logger32.

   * 73's Jim W5IFP *