Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Switch Needed

To: David Thompson <thompson@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Antenna Switch Needed
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:58:29 -0500
One correction:

The switch was originally designed by a N8 ... ME ... N8DE, when I
worked for Dentron back in the 70's.

I asked for nor received any compensation for the design, and it has
been in the public domain for all these years.

As for your problem putting 160m energy through the switch to your 40m
antenna, it's due to the FEEDLINE being part of the antenna at that
frequency and the relay contacts have probably been burnt from high
current.  Thus, the reason it 'works' when you bypass the remote switch.
73
Don
N8DE