[TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning
From: al_n6ta@comcast.net
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:14:33 +0000
Finally my turn again.
T2X will not rotate, all of a sudden.   Brake sounds like it releases with the
loud 'clank'.  Diretcion meter will not move from its last indication, at JA.
Voltages and resistances checked per the manual and are in tolerance.
Archives suggests changing the AC capacitor.  Got one PDQ from C.A.T.S. but no
improvement.  Meter not moving means no mast movement but I can see that
myself!  Is there some kind of internal problem that would allow all the
electrical tests to be FB but no mechanical movement?

I can get it down but that is less than fun.

Tnx!
Al