Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister not turning
From: Chuck <Chuck@dxham.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 14:18:44 -0600
Al wrote:

This is a common problem with the HyGain/CDE rotors that have the wedge
brake.

If this happens, try this:  If the rotor is stuck at the end of the CCW
rotation, jumper terminals 4 & 6 together, then rock the motor back and
forth.  If the rotor is stuck at the end of the CW rotation, jumper
terminals 5 & 8 together and rock the motor back and forth.

What this does is short out the appropriate limit-switch allowing you to
rock the motor and free up rotor.  I have been using this method
successfully here for several years.  This fix was first posted by
Julio, W4HY many years ago.

Chuck  KØTVD