[TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam

To: towertalk@contesting.com, dx-is@yahoogroups.com, okdxa@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [TowerTalk] Vertical vs Beam
From: John Geiger <aa5jg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 22:39:52 -0700 (PDT)
I have a question for the group about experiences with different antennas:

I was looking at a recent issue of CQ at the local bookstore tonight (it wasn't
the April issue) and in a column dealing with semi stealth antennas, they
mentioned that a 3/8 or 1/2 vertical will show comparable performance to a 2
element yagi.  Is this true?  Will such a vertical really do as good as a 2
element beam?

Also, how would a roof mounted 1/4 wave vertical compare to a 2 element
tribander at a low height-like 25 feet or so?

73s John AA5JG