Re: [TowerTalk] Height of tower foundation with respect to grade

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Height of tower foundation with respect to grade
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 11:22:32 -0700
Clay,

One thing I could think of that may be a problem is if you are submitting
the plans to the City, they will expect to see the finished concrete as
shown in the manufactures plans.  Good luck in getting US-Towers to change
the drawing to show the base as level grade, you would have to get your own
Engineer to do that I would think.  Also, all the calculations are stated
allowing for the 6" above grade and I am sure the city/county would need
amended calculations.

Of course if you are just going to plant the thing without permits then I am
sure it makes no difference as long as you pour the equivalent amount of
concrete.

For me the hardest part of the permitting process was the Tension and
Compression calculations on the base as stated by the Manufacturer and they
had to be re-done per the city Engineer.

Mike, K6BR