Re: [TowerTalk] Height of tower foundation with respect to grade

To: <hdmc38@bellsouth.net>, "W7CE" <w7ce@curtiss.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Height of tower foundation with respect to grade
From: "David Branson KC0LL" <KC0LL@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 13:17:57 -0700
One other comment about grade height and inspections.
The "grade" can sometimes be what ever you have the dirt to when they inspect
it. So,,, if you dirt is 6 inches below the top, and it is inspected and
passed, later the dirt could be raised back to where ever you want it to be,
problem solved. I once build a garage on my house here in Pima County and on
inspection they looked at it and said I had to tare the wall down and redo it
because the siding absolutely HAD to be 6 inches above grade (dirt). So I
called the next morning and said I had rebuilt the garage, they said NO WAY. I
said come out and look. When they got there they found my wall 6 inches+ above
the dirt. I had not raised the wall but had lowered the dirt. They B***ed and
mooned but what could they do? The rules said 6 inches and I was 6 inches above
the "new" grade. So they had to pass it. True story.

David F. Branson

Senior Technician
Action Communications, Inc.
Tucson, AZ
520.792.0326
520.792.2709 fax
KC0LL@comcast.net
www.kc0ll.net
www.ActionCommunications.com

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
--- Abraham Lincoln

Freedom isn't Free, Support our Troops