Re: [TowerTalk] "Stubborn" tower section

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Stubborn" tower section
From: Brian Machesney <nekvtster@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:18:35 -0400
I want to thank everyone for all the helpful and practical suggestions. I
will first determine if the leg diameters are the same, then check
alignments and do what I can with "gentle persuasion" to make it go together
more easily; I worry about "cold working" the metal and reducing its
strength, so I will definitely take it easy.

The number of "zigs" in the bracing of the errant section is the same as the
rest, and when I do force it together with a "good" section the bolt holes
line up, so I don't have any reason to believe it's not another section of
25G. I do notice that the "tag" ends of the z-bars are longer than on the
other sections, so it is probably at least from a different production run.

73 -- Brian -- K1LI