Re: [TowerTalk] rohn 25g foldover

To: RICHARD SOLOMON <w1ksz@q.com>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rohn 25g foldover
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 20:24:05 -0400
Richard,

I doubt seriously that you could put anything useful on it, and not
guy it.

On the other hand, I have first hand experience with 45G unguyed, to
60', using
a foldover section.    It was supported by custom built double house
brackets, at 8 and 18'.
But it violated every rule in the book.   Only reason I got away with
it was that I did fundamental
stress calculations on every part of the system.    I doubt you could
do the same with 25g.

As for market value,  the foldover hinged section is no longer
made.   If it's in good shape,
it's probably worth 250 bucks,  plus maybe 50 a section for the rest
of the tower.

I just bought 40' of 25g with house bracket and accessory shelf, for
$180,  as a reference.

N2EA