Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files

To: vytenis.sciucka@gmail.com, TOWERTALK@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:03:11 EDT
I've played with the N6BV stuff in designing the station out here in  KH6.
My educated guesses follow.

The further you are from the area the less critical the angles are.   By
that I mean if you are comparing the angles to VK, they will probably not be
as different from each other as the angles to W1 and W2.

The angles are not written in stone.  The angles are a summation of  all
the angles over the whole 11 years, all times and all conditions.

In designing your system, if you are a little more distant than a DJ to a
Pacific station you can probably adjust the angle pattern a little lower by
maybe a degree or two and be pretty close.  A station in North America
would probably be a few more degrees since it is closer to both you and the  DJ.

When I was in Florida, I had to use the Atlanta figures which was about 300
 miles away.  They seemed to be good for me.

Again, these are just educated guesses from looking at the various print
outs.

N6BV will have to check in on this one.

Bill KH7XS/K4XS

**************Stay connected and tighten your budget with a great mobile