Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 14:32:32 -0700
If there are significant changes in terrain within those increments of
295 feet it will have a significant effect on the results, at least as
far as HFTA is concerned.  I've proven that to myself several times by
generating dummy terrain profiles (easy to do since they are just
columns of text) with slightly different features and comparing the
resulting plots.  As you might imagine that's a function of wavelength,
so as little as ten feet difference in elevation on 20m can be significant.

73,
Dave   AB7E