Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files

To: Tower Talk List <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA data files
From: Jon Kåre Hellan <hellan@acm.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 20:13:31 +0200
The Shuttle Radar Topography Mission made a digital elevation model that
covers most of the world between 60 N and 60 S. It can be found at
http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/SELECTION/inputCoord.asp. I don't know if
you'll get the file format HFTA expects, though.

For parts of the world not covered by SRTM, e.g. most of Scandinavia,
the model at http://www.viewfinderpanoramas.org/dem3.html can be used.

Regards

LA4RT Jon, Trondheim, Norway