Re: [TowerTalk] TH3MKII vs 3 element SteppIR

To: <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TH3MKII vs 3 element SteppIR
From: "Terrence R. Redding Ph.D." <terry@oltraining.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:58:03 -0400
The biggest problem with bigger is the proximity of my tower layed over near
the house.  I originally laid it out to accommodate a cubical quad.  When
that went away in a hurricane I replaced it with a "storm" antenna, the
TH3MKIV.  Now, five years later I would like more antenna - and the SteppIR
seems like the right choice.  But the TH3MKIV reflectors already brush the
eve of the roof when I lay the tower down, and the SteppIR is considerably
longer in the elements.

That is the main concern.

Terry - W6LMJ