Re: [TowerTalk] Gem Quad Back in Production

To: <scottw3tx@verizon.net>, "Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gem Quad Back in Production
From: "Van K7VS" <wa7fab@cdsnet.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 18:44:21 -0700
I have used a Gem Quad since 1970.  Still using the same one except I now
use the three element version and have a four element Gem Quad hanging from
the rafters in the garage.   I put it up using their instructions.  Tried to
tune it only once and was impossible.  I simply used 1/4 matching
transformers to get the swr down to a managable level.  Before that, simply
used an antenna tuner in line and matter of fact still do.  Has worked fine
for me.  Have 337 of 338 current countries confirmed and some forty plus
contest awards on the walls in the shack using a Gem Quad.  Van, K7VS