Re: [TowerTalk] Gem Quad Back in Production

To: <nf4l@nf4l.com>, "Lee Buller" <k0wa@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gem Quad Back in Production
From: "WA3GIN" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 23:31:43 -0400
Lee,

I had a couple of these GEM Quads, two ele version. The first one worked
well but the glass spreader elements began to deteriorate after several
years. The second one I installed I dipped the spreaders in Spar Varnish.
The varnish kept the weather off the spreaders. They were as good ten years
later as they were new.  The antenna worked fine. I had a ham neighbor about
a mile down the road...we turned our antennas back to back and I tuned the
reflector for maximum S meter dip at his station. Had great FB.

73,
dave
wa3gin