Re: [TowerTalk] NON-INSULLATION STRIKES AGAIN! RG174 ANOMALLY

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] NON-INSULLATION STRIKES AGAIN! RG174 ANOMALLY
From: "D.W. Fearn" <dwfearn@dwfearn.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 20:40:08 -0400
I was using RG-174 as a shielded lead in a product we build and
experienced exactly the same problem as Larry describes. This was
from a brand-new, very expensive roll of Belden RG-174. This was to
the grid of a tube, so even a very high resistance had an effect. We
have changed to a Teflon-insulated coax and that solved the problem.

Doug K3KW