Re: [TowerTalk] man lift tips over

To: "Marlon K. Schafer" <ooe@odessaoffice.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] man lift tips over
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 06:33:08 -0700
Marlon K. Schafer wrote:
> Yeah, I'd have to totally agree with this.  Moving them, especially the big
> ones, is just too dangerous.
>
> I don't have the math on me right now, but even a little 6" drop on a wheel
> translate to a HUGE movement (probably in a bad direction) 80 or 100' out.
> marlon

they're about 8 feet across (have to fit on a standard truck for
delivery), so 6" out of 8 ft is 5 feet (60") out of 80 ft.   Exciting if
you're in the basket for the first time, but not inherently unsafe.  If
it puts you into the "tip-over" zone, then you've got a problem. If
you've been dumb and loaded 1500 lbs of junk on the basket, even worse.

But bouncing around up there is just part of what it's like.