Re: [TowerTalk] Reply - KW3000 with 1/2 inch Drill Motor - Wrongassumpti

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>, Dennis Vernacchia <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Reply - KW3000 with 1/2 inch Drill Motor - Wrongassumption in responses
From: "Dubovsky, George" <George.Dubovsky@andrew.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 08:42:20 -0500
You will still lose torque with a pwm light dimmer. You will need something
like an variable speed drive, where you vary the drive frequency and voltage
simultaneously, essentially synthesizing a complete sine wave at an adjustable
frequency. I use them on three-phase motors on my lathe and mill, but they are
also available for single-phase motors. Not cheap, but less than the Hole Hawg
;-)

73,

geo - n4ua