Re: [TowerTalk] coax entry

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] coax entry
From: "Pat Chiles" <chilesp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 09:56:42 -0500
Jeff,

Here is what I did.  My tower is 8ft from my shack window.  From Home Depot
I bought an electrical box (about 6x14x14 inches).  Inside of this I mounted
a 1/4 inch plate with all my ICE equipment on it.  This mounted on an
exterior cinder block wall over the end of a 3 inch PVC pipe that went
through the cinder block and exited in the shack about 5 feet above the
floor.  I stuffed the pipe inside and out with steel wool to keep the
critters out and drop a few moth balls in the box.

For the ladder lines I replaced one window pane with plastic from HD and
used brass screws as feed throughs.  On the inside I used clips on the
ladder line extention to allow quick disconnecting during storms.  Not the
most elegant but if done right it looks very good inside and out.  Hope this
helps.

Pat, K8PC