Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA question

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HFTA question
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:49:37 -0800
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 06:41:02 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:

>You're certainly right about the minimum number of wavelengths.  You can
>manually construct a .pro file for HFTA, enter the dimensions that
>you're seeing, and find out.

Yes. I did that when first beginning to learn HFTA. Each radial took about
one half hour. N6BV, the program author, recently taught a Webinar showing
how to import topographical data for locations around the world. I don't
recall now whether it was NCCC or PVRC who hosted it. Chances are you can
find a recording at one of those websites. Also, there is updated
documentaion for HFTA at the ARRL website that should be used in place of
what's on the CDROM.

HFTA can handle any distance that you choose to enter. The limitation is the
number of data points for each radial. So there would be no problem including
that mountain in your analysis.

73,

Jim K9YC