Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem
From: Jim CASSIDY <jc_ki7y@q.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 01:03:08 +0000
I have had a problem with SWR on a 6BTV with resonant freq being lower than
expected.  A friend advised me that sometimes the lower end of the aluminum can
around the trap makes a bad connection to the mast.  The aluminum is the
capacitance portion of the trap and without it the tap becomes a coil only and
electrically lengthens the whole antenna.
I have not tried to fix mine yet as its intended use is portable operation and
I have not needed it yet.
73

Jim Cassidy

KI7Y