Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for 5 band yagi and tower upgrade

To: "'Tower and HF antenna construction topics.'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Recommendations for 5 band yagi and tower upgrade
From: "Chet" <chetmoore@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:41:34 -0500
If I were you I would purchase the K7LXC tribander report.  That is the most
comprehensive report out there. At the time the report was written there was
no stepIR was not available for testing.  The stepIR is pretty heavy,
especially in the 4 EL version.  Read the report (about 20 BUX)  I have it
here and since I was not restricted by size of tower, I picked the F-12
C31XR which I could not be more pleased with.  I do have a C4 which would
probably be very good for you.  NO TRAPS and is noted in the tribander
report as a good performer, and if I remember correctly, beat the TH6- TH7.
Shorter boom, and lighter weight.  The F12 literature says it loads on 12
and 17 meters with a tuner.  I didn't find my C4 to be particularly
effective on 12 and 17 and later purchased the F12 WARC -7 which do work
well.  If you can get the stepper up, that does go on 20-10 including the
warc bands.  You will find the tribander report has comprehensive
information on most tribanders available today (less stepIR) with all tests
done at the same height and on the same antenna range.

73

Chet  N4FX