Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem and their servicing.

To: <k7dd@cox.net>, "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hustler 5BTV Problem and their servicing.
From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 12:28:38 -0500
One thing that I found with mine when I was initially installing it:
After I made an adjustment of the tubing length, when I rsaised it back
vertically, the tubing sections would slide from the weight of the traps
and/or tubing up higher.
I finally decided to use self tapping screws for each joint in addition to
the hose clamps. Once I used screws to keep the sections from sliding it was
OK.
The sliding threw the tuning off each time. I used Penetrox on the aluminum
joints and Penetrox is a grease imbedded with aluminum dust.

Best Regards
Dan Schaaf
K3ZXL   www.k3zxl.com   "In the Beginning, there was Spark Gap"
NOBSKA