[TowerTalk] C-19XR or Skyhawk

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] C-19XR or Skyhawk
From: ac9s@mchsi.com
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 16:24:24 -0600 (CST)
I cannot speak for the C-19XR, but I had experience with a Skyhawk a few years
ago.  Short story  - my Skyhawk's boom broke in an ice storm that left my near
neighbor's Th7s and Mosley beams intact, as well as a Cushcraft D3W mounted
above in on the mast.  In addition, all the 20 meter elements had permanent
bends, both at the center and at the outermost joints.  I would never put up
another Skyhawk up without a boom truss.  It worked well electricaly, but in
spite of all the advertising hype wasn't as mechanically strong as the local
competition.

Keith
AC9S