Re: [TowerTalk] 3-Stack Tribander Issues

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 3-Stack Tribander Issues
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 12:05:02 EST
My experience has been with KT36XAs at 92/56/29.

My QTH is unique, so your mileage may vary.  I have been blown  away by the
performance of the stack

I use a WX0B stackmatch and the SWR is no problem.  The  heights I use are
a bit low, but that is a function of the terrain.  Any  higher would have
been a negative to the US and JA, according to HFTA.  I'm  2500 miles from the
nearest QTH, very high angles are of no use to  me.  If I was on the
mainland they might be too high  for 10, but that  is when you just use the
bottom
two or the bottom one

Out here, almost always all three play better than any individual  or two
antennas.

Would I consider doing it again....yep.  In considering  antennas for my
move back to FL, I have thought about a 100/67/33 stack as a  secondary
antenna system.

Bill KH7XS/KH7B/K4XS