Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Crank-up

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Homebrew Crank-up
From: "pehaire" <pehaire@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2010 11:41:42 -0500
I am jumping into the middle of a thread because I have lost several
e-mails.  I don't know if this will help.

In the 1960 issue of Orr's Beam Antenna Handbook on page 66 are some photos
of W6YMD's 110 foot telephone pole tower with its track assembly.

On page 162 is a track system of K9UZG.  He uses channel iron for a track
and skate wheels for the rollers on a carriage holding rotator and yagi.  I
talked to him and he sent me the detail drawing but they have been lost thru
moving from home to home over the years.

I have had much pleasure over the years with a 30 foot tower and a hinged tv
mast with all sorts of fixtures I welded and bolted to my tower.

Like DeMaw and McCoy says, propagation is 95 percent of a contact .

WA5MUE