Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister Rotor Rehab Question

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister Rotor Rehab Question
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2010 13:31:46 EDT
As far as Hy-Gain-type rotators greasing goes,  Hy-Gain recommends an
all-purpose grease - something that's not very thick and  not thin. You want it
to stick to the bearings without gumming them up. I think  they suggested a
lithium grease. (I'm going on memory and experience here - I  don't have a
manual to look at.) They also suggest an amount equal to a  thimbleful of
grease. Any more is too much.

    If you live in an area where it freezes, you may  want to use a
snowmobile grease for it's low temp capability.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH