Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Coax Question
From: Kipton Moravec <kip@kdream.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 06:23:00 -0500
On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 07:15 +0000, van wd8aam wrote:
> In regards to long runs of coax, has any thought EVER been
> given to RG213 to a remote tuned high power amplifier
> at the base of the tower.  I've thought about it, and for
> costs, it might be cost effective.  I'm sure someone has this
> working for them somewhere.  What do you guru's say to this?
> van
> wd8aam
>
> At 06:04 4/13/2010, you wrote:
> >On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 21:07:25 -0400, Steve Bagley wrote:
> >
> > >I am putting up a tower and will need to run about 500 feet of coax.
> >
> >http://audiosystemsgroup.com/Coax-Stubs.pdf

I would probably put a Software Defined Radio (and computer) at the base
of the tower and run Ethernet cable back to the shack. Even with that
you will need a switch in the middle as Ethernet has length limit of 300
feet.

Kip
--
Kipton Moravec AE5IB .- . ..... .. -...

"Always do right; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest."
--Mark Twain