Re: [TowerTalk] Spanish-language conversation on baluns, antennas

To: "Tower and HF antenna construction topics." <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spanish-language conversation on baluns, antennas
From: van wd8aam <vlincoln@frontiernet.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 20:40:21 +0000
In the regard for the last reply, yes, most moderators have
several/sometimes many,
reflectors they manage.  Time matters, we are not ALL retired.

On my 9 reflectors I manage, if any non-English language is used, it gets the
poster removed from the group immediately, explanations will come later.

In regard to Joe Subich remarks below, a reflector is designed to
SHARE information.
Therefore a reply to originator setting in MY opinion defeats the purpose of
information sharing.  If a message goes out to the group inadvertantly,
at least the group has the benefit of not only sharing, but laughing at
the sender for forgetting this small fact of posting.  Sometimes it gets
downright embarrassing (I do it myself) but that's the price paid for
information
sharing.

Only in a specific type of group would I only consider replying to just the
message originator.

I think Steve's outburst was in frustration, and I can understand how
it happened.
Not pretty, and not the norm on his part, I'm sure.

My two cents...
van
wd8aam