Re: [TowerTalk] Spanish-language conversation on baluns, antennas

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Spanish-language conversation on baluns, antennas
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 19:13:02 -0400
On 4/26/2010 4:40 PM, van wd8aam wrote:

 > In regard to Joe Subich remarks below, a reflector is designed to
 > SHARE information.  Therefore a reply to originator setting in MY
 > opinion defeats the purpose of information sharing.

A properly designed reflector will give the user the CHOICE of
"Reply to sender" and "Reply to All" or "Reply to List."  This
software is so crippled by the moderator's configuration that
it is nearly impossible to reply to sender without using "new"
and looking up the poster's e-mail address.

 > On my 9 reflectors I manage, if any non-English language is used,
 > it gets the poster removed from the group immediately, explanations
 > will come later.

That's completely narcissistic, xenophobic, unnecessary and short
sighted in today's global society.  Any moderator who doesn't have
time to respond reasonably to an occasional non-English posting
doesn't have the time to be a proper moderator and should step
aside.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV