Re: [TowerTalk] Adivce Using Irrigation Pipe

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adivce Using Irrigation Pipe
From: Phil Chambley <pchambley@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 22:04:08 -0600
I’ve always had southern pines holding up my 75 meter arrays and these were
of course pointed at more pines any direction they were going. I’m on the
‘I’m not going to worry about trees because I wouldn’t cut them down for
what I expect would be little or no noticeable difference’ side of the tree
debate. I don’t even want to think about the bark beetles, they got up to
our acreage 3 years ago and the battle to save some of our tress as been on
since. Cutting the infected ones out and burning them, thinning some and
spraying Carbaryl on the ones we really want to keep each spring. We hope
that in another couple of years they will be past us but last year and this
year are really bad.

Anyway I don't have the tree height here so the next best thing is a 4
square out of irrigation pipe unless I there's something I haven't thought
of.
Phil
KT7J
ex KJ4NI