Re: [TowerTalk] Finding the highest quality PL-259 Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Finding the highest quality PL-259 Connectors
From: "Mike" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 20:39:30 -0700
Of course I meant to say RF-Parts: -)

Mike, K6BR

-----Original Message-----
From: towertalk-bounces@contesting.com
[mailto:towertalk-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Mike

Fred,

I like the ones sold by RF-Spares, they are Teflon and the center pin is
gold plated and slightly stepped down from the insulator by a 1/16th or so.
This makes less risk of a stray piece of braid or foil from shorting across
and if using LM-400 you do not have to scrape back the foil. They are also
easy to solder.

The Amphenol ones I put on today took my twice as long to fit and had
Amphenol printed in black letters on them with a light green insulator, they
are good, but not as good as the ones that RF-Parts sell for buck $1.95

http://www.rfparts.com/c-uhf.html

73, Mike K6BR